Get Your Arts On!
We are pleased to announce our annual Arts in Your Classroom professional development conference for 2012 presented in collaboration with the Santa Clara County Office of Education and San Jose State University's Lurie College of Education. The conference will engage K-8 educators in a series of hands-on arts integration workshops, inspirational presentations, and opportunities to network with educators and peers.
Featuring keynote speaker Jeff Raz! Topic: "From Cirque du Soleil to the Classroom: Engaging Students in the Arts"
For nearly four decades, Jeff Raz has performed nationally and internationally with circuses and theatres, including Cirque do Soleil and others. He has written 15 plays and directed numerous student productions. Since 1983, Jeff has taught physical theatre and circus arts at universities, conservatories, and arts high schools. He is also the founder of the Clown Conservatory, the only comprehensive professional clown training in the U.S. with graduates performing in circuses and theatres around the world.
Here are some of the new and exciting workshops offered at this year's conference:
- Hector Armienta - Music & Movement for Second Language Learners
- Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS)
- AXIS Dance - Differences as Opportunities: Teaching Dance to Students With and Without Disabilities
- Reenie Charriere & Susan Richards - Creating Natural & Synthetic Bird Habitats
- Eddie Madril & Diane McGuigan - American Indian Cultural Engagement and Education
- Shannon Dahnert & Cal Cullen - ARTRAGEOUS! Integrating the Arts into Common Core Standards
- Carey Liston -World Passport:A Geographical Journey through Music
- Michael Katz - Storytelling: Captivate and Communicate
- Cristina Velazques- The Box Transformed- Everyday Objects Transformed into Art
- Armando Castellano & Lilia Aguero - Make Music/Make Stories/Make Meaning
- Wendy Tetsu & Maya Baker - The Shadow: The Science of Light & Ancient Storytelling
- Theaterworks - Improve Writing Standards through Playwriting
- Keith Terry & Linda Akiyama - The Rhythm of Math: Physicalizing Number Learning with Body Percussion
- Julie Van Dewark: Small Works of Art with Big Math Ideas
- Attitudinal Healing Connection - Self as Super Hero
- Nancy Meyer- Endangered Species: Connecting Science, Language Arts, Math & Geography into Daily Lesson Plans