Visit the beautiful grounds at Montalvo Arts Center. Take a hike up the hillside for an amazing view of the valley, or have a picnic on the front lawn. Click here to download a PDF map of the property and trails.
NOTE: Dogs are allowed on the upper trails with a leash. The historic Villa is not open to the public except during paid tours, rentals, and other events.
Park Closure Dates:
Portions of the park will be closed the following dates for holidays and special events:
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 (park closes at 1pm)
- Sunday, May 12, 2019 (park closed until 1pm for Mother's Day Brunch)
- Friday, July 19, 2019 (park closed 1pm-5pm, then open for evening Art on the Grounds event)
- Friday, August 9, 2019 (park closes at 4pm for Starry, Starry Night)
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 (park closed all day for Food & Wine)
- Sunday, December 15, 2019 (park closes at 1pm)
- Saturday, December 21, 2019 (park closes at 12pm)
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019 (park closed all day)
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 (park closes at 12pm)
- Sunday, March 15, 2020 (park closes at 12pm)
NOTE: The park may also close up to 2 hours early for certain concerts and evening events.
As you enter the Main Gate you will first arrive at Parking Lot 1 where the Artists Residency is located off to your right. If you are coming to the Villa, Garden Theatre, Carriage House, the Box Office, or to visit the hiking trails behind the Villa, continue through Lot 1 up the road past the Front Lawn. You will see parking lot 2 on the right side of the Villa and lots 3 and 4 on the left side of the Villa. Please drive slowly through the estate, as we have many visitors walking the grounds including children, the elderly, and deer.
West Valley College, Lot 1
For some events and Garden Theatre concerts, we offer free shuttle service from nearby West Valley College. Parking at West Valley for these events is also free. Address:
14000 Fruitvale Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070
Click here for directions from Montalvo to West Valley College.
From Highway 17:
Exit at Highway 9 toward Los Gatos/Saratoga. Proceed 3 miles, turning right onto Fruitvale Ave. Turn right on Allendale, then right on Theater Way and park in Lot #1 to your left.
From Highway 280:
Exit south on Highway 85. Exit Saratoga Avenue, making a right turn towards Downtown Saratoga. Continue .3 miles, turning left onto Fruitvale Ave. Continue south on Fruitvale Ave. Turn left on Allendale, then right on Theater Way and park in Lot #1 to your left.